Marketing Alchemy is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy, set out below, explains how, when and why we collect personal information and how we use it and keep it secure.
2. Information About Us
Marketing Alchemy Europe Ltd is the organiser of a trade exhibition in the print and garment decorating industry. The brands and trading names of Marketing Alchemy are Coactive Events and Newtech. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07407285 and our registered office is at 3 Victoria Place, Romsey SO51 8DE. You can email us at email@example.com.
3. What is the law on data collection and protection?
The Government Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. This includes:-
- Consent - In specific situations, we may collect and process your data with your consent.
- Contractual Obligations - In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For instance, when you book a place on one of our Newtech workshops.
- Legal Compliance – If the law requires us to, we may have to forward details of those that are involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Marketing Alchemy to law enforcement.
- Legitimate Interest – In specific situations we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way, which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
4. What data do we collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by our Coactive Events’ Site (For more information please see ‘Section 12. Our Cookies Policy’). Other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to Marketing Alchemy using it for the purposes set out in section 5, for example, when signing up for an event.
Depending upon your use of our Site, we may collect some or all of the following data:
- Business / Company Name
- Job Title
- Contact information, such as email address and telephone numbers
- Demographic information, such as address and postcode
- IP Address (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- List of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Site and the site you exit to / link to (automatically collected)
5. How and why we use your data?
If you register for an event organised by Marketing Alchemy Europe Ltd we have a legitimate interest to process your data to send you relevant information regarding the event. We will ensure all personal data is stored securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. For more details on security see section 6 below.
We use your data to provide the best possible service to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your access to the Coactive Events Site.
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our Site.
- Supplying our services to you.
- Responding to communications from you.
- Supplying you with relevant information via email for which you have subscribed or where it is our legitimate business interest to do so
- Analysing your use of our Site (and gathering feedback) to enable us to continually improve our Site and your user experience.
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and Marketing Alchemy will be limited in the services we can provide you without your consent for us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, Marketing Alchemy may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or text with information, news and offers on our events. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
6. How do we protect your personal data?
We understand that data security is highly important and we therefore treat your data with the upmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, including SSL encryption.
7. What are your rights and how to access your personal data.
You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and also to have the data corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact the Data Protection Manager at DPM@marketingalchemyeurope.com or via post to: Data Protection Manager, Marketing Alchemy, 3 Victoria Place, Love Lane, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8DE.
8. How to opt-out of receiving marketing communications.
If at any time you would prefer not to hear from us, there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe:-
- You can click the ‘unsubscribe’ link that we provide in all e-newsletter communication. This will automatically unsubscribe you from our mailing list.
- You can email the Data Protection Manager at DPM@marketingalchemyeurope.com and request we remove you from our mailing list.
9. Links to other websites?
10. How long will we keep your personal data?
Marketing Alchemy will keep your personal data for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Where Marketing Alchemy no longer requires your personal information, or you withdraw your consent for us to use your data, it will either be deleted entirely or will be made unidentifiable personally and used for statistical analysis, research purposes or transaction details. All personal data will be removed.
11. Who we share your personal data with and why?
Marketing Alchemy will not share your personal information with third parties unless we have first obtained your consent to do so, or pursuant to a legitimate interest of the organisation.
Marketing Alchemy processes personal data to its staff, suppliers and clients depending on the activities concerned.
Marketing Alchemy may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting and for which you have given your consent for us to do so.
12. Our Cookies Policy
In order for us to provide you with the best possible website experience, coactiveevents.com collect’s certain basic information on you by placing cookies – small text files – on your computer’s hard drive. These text files collect mostly anonymous data, though some of it is designed to detect browsing patterns and technical information such as your Internet connection, the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the pages and events you have clicked on, and any search terms you entered. These cookies are also designed to allow the website to recognise you on subsequent visits.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find of interest and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies (PHPSESSID)
We use session cookies to record an individual users preferences that the user has specified, so that each time the user returns their preferences remain. Commonly this would be language settings, shopping carts, anything where you have indicated a preference. Where forms are used on the site, we hold the information in a session cookie so that we can improve the user experience on the site. Should a user, for example, forget to fill in parts of a form when submitting a form, we can auto-fill the values for those fields that have been filled in, thereby reducing the amount of fields a user needs to amend. This information is stored only in your browser and is destroyed once your browser is closed.
- Google Analytics (__utmz, __utmc, __utmb, __utma)
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site for you. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- Google Maps (APISID, HSID, NID, PREF, SAPISID, SID, SSID)
These cookies are used by Google to store user preferences and information when viewing pages with Google maps on them.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
More information about cookies, including how to block them or delete them, can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
13. Contacting us or the GDPR regulator
If you are concerned that we have not handled your data correctly please contact our Data Protection Manager at DPM@marketingalchemyeurope.com in the first instance or write to us at Data Protection Manager, Marketing Alchemy, 3 Victoria Place, Love Lane, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8DE and we will do our very best to assist you as quickly as possible.
If you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us in relation to the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling them on Tel. 0303 123 113.
Marketing Alchemy may need to update this Privacy Notice occasionally and will notify you of any significant changes when we do so, but please do check back from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This Privacy Notice was updated on: 22 May 2018